Monday, November 19, 2012

16 Months








Asher has become quite the independent little soul. He has always likes to get into everything, but it seems like it has intensified lately. As you can see from these pictures, he really likes spatulas (I think he just likes to carry things around and spatulas are his object of preference). Another thing you should be able to tell about him from the pictures is that he can't sit still! I was exhausted by the time we finished taking pictures because I had to keep putting him back on the couch. He is also very entertained by following me around while I vacuum. This weekend Austin and I went to the temple and left him with his Grandpa Brent for about 6 hours. He hardly even cared when we came home, but just kept doing whatever he was engrossed in. This reassures me a little about him being without his parents while his little brother is born. He seems quite content even when we aren't around, so I won't worry so much. Asher showed the first sign of experiencing real fear this morning. I tried not to laugh, because he was really terrified, but it was so cute. He knocked a box over in his room and a toy inside of it made a mooing sound. He freaked out and ran away crying. When I got the toy out and showed it to him he wanted nothing to do with it, but later came over about every 3 or 4 minutes to peak into the box, look at the toy, then run away frightened again. Asher is also getting even better at dancing and can't resist a catchy beat. He involves his shoulders, hips, and knees more now. He has become quite the little copy cat. He mimics noises, head movements, and body movements, but still isn't very interested in using real words. I really wonder how he is going to be impacted by a new little person showing up at his house sometime soon :) I keep telling him that even though he might be really jealous for the first little while, he just needs to be patient and soon he will have a built-in best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment