Saturday, July 27, 2013

Eight Months

Leif is turning into quite the delightful little guy. Well, he has always been good tempered, he is just getting to be more interactive and more fun to play with. One of the things I love about Leif at this age is when he looks at me so cute and reaches for me because he wants me to pick him up. He loves to grab people's faces and does this to me a lot while I'm nursing him, which is cute, but also kind of annoying. Leif loves balls and is entertained by them for long stretches of time. He has also found a good toy in balloons. He loved having all the balloons around the house from Asher's party and watched or played with them quite a bit. Leif also loves to swim, which for him actually just means me holding him out in front of me while he bobs along in the water, splashes, and sometimes kicks a bunch.
 Leif hit an amazing milestone this month: He slept through the night!!! That is about 4 months earlier than Asher did. I couldn't get him to go to sleep until about 9 pm but he slept all the way until 6 am. I didn't get to sleep until about 11 that night, but that was 7 hours of undisturbed sleep, which hasn't happened in years.
I think we are still a few months away from crawling, but Leif is great at being set down one place and traveling to another place when my back is turned for a few minutes.He rolls sometimes, but usually gets around on his back by arching his head back and pushing along with his feet.
 Leif does this funny thing when we feed him solid foods of sticking his lower lip out. He does it especially when the spoon is just coming out of his mouth, but also does it while he is "chewing" the food. We caught a few shots of this, although it is much funnier to watch in real life. Below that are pictures Austin took to mark Leif's 8 months.




No comments:

Post a Comment