Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Asher's First Day of Kindergarten

Asher had his first day of school today! I think I was more nervous about it than he was and I admit I cried a tiny bit as we left the classroom (where he couldn't see me) but I got over it pretty quick and Asher had a great day by his report when I picked him up. Austin and I both dropped him off this morning. I think he felt special for us to both be there and he loves his backpack and lunchbox.



Here he is at his seat. They were supposed to write their name and draw a picture of his first day of school, but he seemed so overwhelmed that I'm not sure he ever got around to it. When I picked him up this afternoon, he told me all about sitting at the rug listening to "The Three Billy Goats Gruff", having two recesses (by far his favorite part), having snack and lunch, going to music and art, and being friends with everyone (even if he doesn't remember any names). Its pretty typical for Asher to be friends with everyone, so I didn't worry about this part at all. I also didn't worry about him listening to his teacher, I just thought he might have a hard time sitting still for so long. But he seems to have liked it and says he is excited to go back on Thursday.



No comments:

Post a Comment