Monday, November 20, 2017

2 1/2

Our little princess is 2 1/2! Wow she is getting big in a hurry!
Heidi LOVES her daddy! She often talks about him throughout the day, bringing him up in the conversation even when he has nothing to do with what we are talking about. The other day I was explaining something about the library to the boys and Heidi suddenly said "my daddy can go to the library. He's a boy and he's my daddy and he can go to the library". She just must be thinking about him a lot even though she only gets to see him for a few minutes in the morning and for a little while at night :) A few nights ago while Austin was getting Heidi ready for bed she started touching his stubbly beard and mustache and started talking about how it was prickly, then told him that it was beautiful. A few weeks ago, Heidi saw some pictures of Austin that I keep on my dresser mirror and decided that she wanted a picture of him in her room. I found a little one and she was so proud to put it in her room. Sometimes I catch her walking around with it-she sure loves her daddy!
However, even though she loves her daddy, she really likes to be with mom too. She loves to sit in the bathroom going through my drawer while I put makeup on. She especially loves to get my wedding ring out of its box and give it to me. She also loves to run errands with me alone on Saturdays when we leave the boys home with dad.
Heidi is extremely talkative! She is always saying something and demanding that we listen to her. Sometimes she gets going so fast that I've had to swear to Austin that I'm not giving her any stimulant drugs ;) She talks especially fast when she's trying to talk me into something or make excuses for what she is doing. If I tell her she has to do something she doesn't want to or stop doing something she wants to do, she says "no, no, no, no, no, no, I just . . . ." and gives me whatever her reason is. Last night she was hanging on the banister and when I told her to stop she first said that she was a big girl. When I told her big girls don't hang on banisters, she explained that she was exercising. When I reminded her that she has a pink yoga mat to exercise on (she likes to exercise with me in the mornings sometimes) she came up with the excuse that she was doing it for the baby- which makes no sense, but I had nothing to say to that and eventually just had to distract her with another activity. For some reason, Heidi usually refers to Trevor as "the baby". Sometimes she calls him Baby Trevor and always insists that he is her baby, but its just funny and seems impersonal when she says "the baby".
Heidi's imaginative play is also really blossoming lately! She especially likes to pretend to cook things, but imagines other things too and loves to tell us all about it. Unless of course she is just completely caught up in her play- then she doesn't talk to us much. 
Heidi is definitely a little fire cracker in our family! She adds spice and laughter to every day. Here are a few photos I got of her before church.


Plus a bonus of Leif with the baby snowman he built:

No comments:

Post a Comment