Monday, June 11, 2018

A Very Happy Half Birthday!

Our sweet little Trevor is 1 1/2 years old! It seems like in the last few months he's suddenly become a real toddler and not much of a baby anymore, although everyone in the family still refers to him as "our baby". He is on the go and in to everything- constantly exploring anything that he can find. He has started to sleep better most nights, but there have been a few with me up 5 times or more just to rock him back to sleep. I credit these lovely evenings to the minefield of teeth he's got going on both the top and bottom of both sides of his mouth. His eight front-most teeth are all in, but all those sides and molars seem to be coming in (at various stages) all at the same time. Poor guy- its no wonder he's having a tough time sleeping. Trevor is definitely not the verbal prodigy that his sister was (he's a lot more like Asher, taking it very slowly) but he is coming out with a few more words a little at a time and he definitely understands a ton. He's pretty good at following directions, unless of course he gets distracted by something to explore :) His eczema is still terrible- I coat him in thick lotion at least twice a day and I have to keep him as much covered as possible to keep him from scratching himself too much. I don't want him to be too hot, but luckily it hasn't gotten all that hot here and I doubt it will get too hot for more than a few days this summer.  Trevor has mittens that he wears to bed (really long socks that come up to his elbows) to keep him from scratching in his sleep. I thought the older he got, the less likely he would be to wear them, but he really seems to like them as part of his going-to-bed routine and goes and grabs them and helps me put them on him before I read to him and rock him for a bit. Trevor is such a happy, delightful personality! Although his eczema is taxing and his sleeping habits aren't as ideal as some of his siblings, he sure is a delight to have around and we sure love him!
Here are the photos I got of him today. I realize they all look pretty much the same-he's just so cute I couldn't narrow it down any more :)


















No comments:

Post a Comment