Saturday, August 11, 2018

20 Months

 
This little sweetheart is 20 months old! He seems like he is more of a little boy than a baby lately! He is getting quite independent and insists on doing many thing by himself. This includes things that he isn't able to do like put his own shoes on, but as long as I let him try for a minute, he'll eventually let me do it for him.  He loves to be a helper and bring me my shoes when its time to leave, bring me my water bottle or phone whenever he sees them, and often takes my phone out of my pocket so that he can hand it to me with a proud look on his face.
He is still in love with the vacuum and gets it out of the closet and plays with it every chance he gets. He also loves the hand mixer and my blow dryer, but those are a little better locked up and he can't get them as easily. Trevor still loves music and dances to any rhythm he hears. He is constantly bobbing his head or shaking it back and forth.
 He has finally started consistently sleeping through the night! He is a great little sleeper and sleeps for about 12 hours a night. He's easily gone to bed for a babysitter too, as long as she follows his night routine of putting his mittens on his hands, turning on his fan, and rocking him a bit before laying him in his crib. He even goes to bed easily when his brothers and sister are making all kinds of racket as we try to get them to sleep- which happens pretty much every night as they think of excuse after excuse about why they need to get up, or the boys just stay up and play in their room.
We have discovered that although Trevor throws up anything with cow milk, he is able to drink goat milk. Its been a slow process getting him to drink it on its own, since he was used to only drinking water, but he is starting to drink a little and ever since I found some cheese made with goat milk, it's his favorite food! He loves quesadillas and often wants me to just cut him slices of cheese and let him eat them. I'd happily oblige since the protein and calcium are good for him, but it's pretty expensive, so I try to moderate his cheese consumption (which is hard when he starts yelling the minute he sees the cheese out!)
Here are the photos I got of him this afternoon. Don't mind the banana stuck on his face ;) and the pink you see reflected in his eyes in some of the photos is the reflection of my skirt.





 Leif calls this his "stinky face":


No comments:

Post a Comment