Friday, February 14, 2020

Natalie's First Birthday Party

 
Natalie hosted her first birthday party on Valentine's Day. She was quite happy and seemed to have fun despite a short afternoon nap. (However, she crashed just before bedtime and I had to whisk her off to bed before any of the other kids were ready). We had a small party with just one family of friends as guests, and my mom of course. I made a carrot cake with the usual substitutions to make it allergy-friendly for Trevor. We just ordered pizza for dinner and there were no organized games- the older kids just ran wild while Natalie sat with me and visited with everyone. Here are a few shots of the cake and Natalie with the cake:









She had no problem shoveling the whole cupcake in as fast as she could- I seem to remember a few of my kids being unsure what to do with such a sweet treat on their first birthday, but Natalie thoroughly enjoyed it :)





No comments:

Post a Comment