Monday, August 31, 2020

First Day of School 2020

We started out our first day of school for this year with pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes. This year is a little bit heavier than others because four of the five are now in school and Natalie can be quite the handful. We are also adding Latin into the older boys' studies. I have letter of the week crafts and books planned for Trevor and Heidi will do them along with him just for fun. I've talked to the boys about helping them with these if I need to work one-on-one with one of them- we'll see how that goes.


Heidi was very excited to help me make the first day of school signs yesterday and got a little carried away drawing pictures on hers (and telling me an elaborate story about them). Hers says she want to be a vet, although it looks a bit like "yeti" with her additions ;)
Leif still has his head in the clouds with his love of outerspace and clarified to me that he wants to be a geologist that works in space.
Asher flip-flops between his love of technology and his love of farming (mostly for the machines)
Trevor loves when I read to him and I'm pretty sure he'll meet his aspiration of being big ;)
As you can tell by the marks all over her sign, Natalie wasn't keen on sitting still and holding her sign, but we finally got this photo.
We're excited for the new school year to start and are so glad that we get to all be home together homeschooling- especially this year!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment