Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Firsts

Yesterday was a day of firsts for our little family. Austin had his first day of classes for law school. He came home optimistic, but a little surprised at what was expected. He was very tired when he got home and wanted to take a nap in the middle of the afternoon because he felt exhausted by all the thinking he had to do. But to make his dad feel better, Asher rewarded Austin with a huge, open-mouthed, ear to ear grin when Austin was playing with him and acting silly. This was his first real smile and was the cutest thing I've ever seen. Of course it caught us both by surprise and we didn't get a picture of it, but this is a picture of Asher later on in the evening with just a little bit of a smile. Apparently he doesn't think that I'm as funny as Austin is. (My dad insisted on having a picture of Asher in a Utes outfit :)
Also, on Sunday I noticed that Asher started mimicking me when I stuck my tongue out at him. At first he made a weird, confused face and moved his mouth around like he wasn't sure how to control everything, then he stuck his tongue out. When I kept doing it, it took him less time to figure out how to do it too. It was so fun to watch him.




No comments:

Post a Comment