Monday, December 29, 2014

25 months

Leif is getting bigger and bigger. He has even come to accept the fact that he is getting a new baby soon and he is happy about it. Instead of saying that he is a baby, he says that he is a big boy. He tells me it is his baby and pats and kisses my belly quite often. Leif loves to jump and gallop lately and when he isn't doing that, he shuffles his feet around and walks like a little old man. Leif has just started making silly faces out of the blue. Asher started this much earlier because Austin always made silly faces at him, but Leif just kind of started it on his own. The other day I was feeding the boys lunch and all of the sudden Leif started blinking a lot and squeezing his eyes really tight when he shut them. At first I thought he had gotten something in his eyes, but then he lowered his eyebrows a bunch and smiled at me. He was quite delighted that mom and dad both laughed at him so much after that.
Leif continues to be quite sensitive. Sometimes very little things can get him upset. At least once a day I find him just lying on the floor with his blankies taking a break. Sometimes this is to calm him down from whatever upset him and other times its just what he feels like doing.
Leif loves to play with Asher. Their favorite activity is to jump off a desk onto the giant beanbag in our living room or off a wood chest onto Asher's mattress in their bedroom. They like to make up different names for their jumps (although 99% of their jumps look exactly the same). Leif most often does the "Dusty Jump" which is named after his favorite character from the Disney movie "Planes". He is obsessed with this movie and asks to watch it several times a day. Austin lets the boys watch it while I'm at work on Tuesdays, so Leif often tells me "Go work, mom. I watch Planes". But of course on the days that I do have to go to work, he cries "No go work. Stay home with me".
 Here are the photos I got of him playing with the new train tracks the boys got for Christmas.



No comments:

Post a Comment