Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Picnic at the Park

The boys were dying to go to the park today. An idea put into their little brains by their dad just minutes after they woke us up. I told them they had to help me do chores and then we could go. It was a long two hours of bribing them to pick up toys or put their dishes in the sink so that we could go. I was planning on walking there with the stroller since it is less than a mile away, but after all that picking up, vacuuming, and doing dishes, I was exhausted and just decided to drive. The boys were especially excited to pack up a little lunch and have a picnic while we were at the park.
The park we went to has a little train that is supposed to run in the summers but hasn't worked since we moved to Colorado. They boys enjoyed running on the tracks and Leif kept telling me "I want to see him" meaning he was looking for the train. It was nice to get out this morning and both boys took very good naps afterward (although they would not go to bed this evening- something that is becoming much too commonplace lately).





No comments:

Post a Comment