Sunday, December 20, 2015

7 MONTHS

Our Little Miss is 7 months old now and continues to be a little ray of sunshine in our family. She is such a happy little girl and very content most of the time. She is able to sit up on her own for longer periods now (although she occasionally topples over still) and will sit and play with whatever is around her. Her Aunt Renee has been able to just set her by the Christmas tree and let her play with the lower branches for about 40 minutes at a time- I've never tried this just because our tree is in a remote corner of the house, but Renee said she is super happy. I've found that as long as she has some toys to play with and her brothers around I can set her on the floor and do my morning workout without much problem. She loves to smile and interact with people still. Lots of times while I'm holding her but distracted by the other things that are going on, she will stick her face right in mine to get my attention. She also does something that I call hugging: when I'm holding her, especially when I pick her up after a day at work, she nestles in as close as she can get and kind of curls her body up around me. Sometimes she buries her face in my shoulder like she just can't get herself close enough. I love how snuggly she is! Of course her brothers still adore her and sometimes fight over who gets to be right in front of her. They are both very good about helping with anything I ask them to. Although Heidi is sitting and rolling over really well, she is showing no sign of trying to crawl or get around in any other way. I thought this was kind of strange given how interested she is in what her brothers are up to, then I realized that there is no real need for her to go anywhere- they always come to her bearing toys and anything they can think of to entertain her. Heidi's favorite toy is currently her tongue. She loves to suck on it, stick it out, and move it to the left. Austin captured this in a couple of the pictures below.Heidi has been eating solids once a day (most days) for awhile now and gets so excited when she sees me getting the bowl and spoon out. She flaps her arms and squeals with a huge smile on her face when I feed her to show me how much she likes it. The only complaint I have about Heidi is that she is growing up too fast!










No comments:

Post a Comment