Monday, June 20, 2016

Fishing

The boys have been asking for Grandpa to take them fishing for months. I'm not sure where the idea originally came from or whether they really understood what fishing was, but they were determined to go. When he said he would take them 5 or 6 weeks ago, I went and bought them poles and since then Leif has been asking almost every day (sometimes multiple times a day) if Grandpa was taking them fishing tomorrow. I was so happy when I finally could say "yes, he is taking you tomorrow". The boys were told they would have to get up early, but it ended up not being all that early. Still, they were surprisingly still asleep when they needed to wake up. Austin went in their room and told them to get up and they barely moved. He told them Grandpa was at our house and they both sat bolt-upright, ready to go. I'm not sure what they were expecting of fishing, or how their trip fit in with their expectations, but they had fun and want to go again. I know they were a little disappointed that they didn't get to keep any of the fish (but I was quite grateful :) But anytime you get to spend the whole morning with Dad and Grandpa and go out to breakfast afterward is fun and the boys loved it.
  Here are some photos Austin took of their adventure.






No comments:

Post a Comment