Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Little Miss is 19 Months

Our sweet Little Miss turned 19 months old, and her life sure has changed recently! Heidi loves her new baby brother, but it has been an adjustment for her so far. I've noticed a few more temper tantrums (she's at that age anyway) and her feelings seem to get hurt really easily. If Austin or I so much as tell her "no" at the wrong time, she melts down crying like she will never recover again. But she always does within a minute or two, so she's doing fine. Heidi loves to hold her baby brother and lets me know she thinks its her turn by getting up on the couch, reaching out her arms, doing "grabby hands" and saying "I want hold it" over and over again. Many times I can't let her hold him because he's eating or I'm busy with something else, but when I do let her hold him, she pats him, and sticks her face in his, coos at him, and fusses over him. This typically lasts only about 60 seconds, then she says "I'm done" and wants to run off and play. She demands to hold Trevor 10-15 times a day and although she says "I want hold it" she knows that his name is Trevor and usually calls him Trevi or Bruddi (her word for brother).
I've noticed in the last few weeks that Heidi has started some early imaginary play- no doubt fueled by her older brothers constantly pretending to be something else. She has said to me several times "I dog" and crawled around on the floor for a little while, getting a hug thrill out of me patting her on the head and telling her she was a nice puppy. She also loves to take a little dog figurine and walk it around saying "woof, woof".
Heidi is still an independent little girl and loves to try to do everything herself (me doing it for her often causes the temper tantrums, but I don't have all day sometimes ;) She loves to brush her teeth, comb her hair, wash her face, try to get dressed, feed herself everything, put her shoes on, drink out of my water bottle, sit on a stool instead of in her highchair, and do anything that her brothers are doing. We love this girl so much! Here are some pictures we got of Heidi in the Christmas dress my dad bought for her. And also a picture of what Heidi looks like most of the time- a huge mess :)

No comments:

Post a Comment