Monday, February 20, 2017

21 months

Heidi is growing and growing. Her verbal skills often make her seem older than she really is and sometimes I get frustrated with her because she won't be reasoned with, then I remember she's still a baby. Heidi's newest funny thing is to tell people "Bye, bye-bye, bye . . ." in a sweet little voice when she wants them to go away so she can do something she wouldn't otherwise be able to. She started by saying "Bye mom, bye-bye, bye mommy" to me when I was trying to get her dressed in the morning because she wanted to be left to dress herself. Then she started saying it to me when we got home and she wanted me to leave her in the car to crawl all around and explore everyone else's seats. She said it to her aunt when she wanted to be left alone to sneak some candy and has said it to Austin in the car too. Its really hilarious to hear her sweet little way of saying "Go Away!"
This is nothing new, but I don't think I've ever written about it on one of her blogs: Heidi loves stuffed animals- anything she can get her hands on! She loves to snuggle and hug them and has to have at least 4 in her crib. She especially loves her pink bunny and two matching puppies, but any stuffed animal or doll will do for a good snuggle.
Heidi loves to sing and hum and picks up on the words to songs really quickly. She often doesn't get all of the words, but she gets enough of them that its clear which song she is trying to sing. She goes around the house singing primary songs that I sing to her for bedtime or that I sing to Trevor to keep him happy.
Here are some photos I got of her while she was outside playing and wasn't interested in being bothered much. The first is a pretty characteristic Heidi face- she is very expressive especially with her eyes and eye brows. She is also holding and eating a mushroom in some of these because she stole it from me while I was cutting up veggies for my omelet just before we went outside :)





No comments:

Post a Comment