Sunday, February 12, 2017

TWO MONTHS

Our little Trevor is now two months old- time is flying! I keep thinking of him as a newborn, but he's not anymore! He's growing so quickly and putting on weight very well.





His personality is starting to come out a bit, but I'm still can't really tell what  he's going to be like. Trevor has started smiling and cooing, but he isn't big on making eye contact, although he will occasionally. Sometimes I wonder if he's just overwhelmed with so many people constantly around him, talking to him, or trying to get in his face. One of his favorite things though, is when I put him on the ground and lie next to him with my arm over him and my face really close to him and sing or talk to him. This is how I've gotten the most smiles out of him. But when all of his siblings try to get in on the socialization, I've noticed that he tends to start looking away from everyone. Trevor has started to discover his hands and bats them around a lot. Unfortunately, he has also started scratching his face sometimes too- every baby goes through it, but it so sad to see the little scratches. Trevor has begun to be a pretty good sleeper at night, only waking up once or twice a night to eat. We still have him sleeping in his car seat though and really need to transition him to his crib. We started putting him in his car seat because he was so fussy starting at about 3 weeks old and was spitting up so much. We thought having him in an upright position would help and it did a little. I also stopped eating dairy and gluten for about a month and started having him more upright when he nurses. He has stopped spitting up so much, but since we tried everything all at once we weren't sure what it was that helped him. I slowly introduced dairy and gluten back into my diet over the last week or so and he seems to be doing fine. Having him sleep in his crib is the next step- I'm just not quite ready for it yet since I'm afraid he might not sleep as well and I really need my sleep with 3 other busy kids. Trevor is not very good at sleeping during the day unless I have him in the baby carrier- he prefers to have all his naps snuggled up close to mom, which isn't too bad for me either since I'm trying to get as much snuggle time in as I can with my last baby (the only down side is when I get a chance to take a nap, it can be tricky to get him to nap somewhere other than tied to me).
We just love this chubby little baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment