Monday, August 21, 2017

27 Months

Little Heidi Rose is turning into a little girl! She is such a sweetheart most of the time, but can be pretty demanding sometimes. She talks even more now than she used to and loves to make sure that I am listening to her. She also repeats herself a lot, saying something, then saying "Mom, I said ______" and laughing about it even if it isn't very funny. She repeats other people that way too saying "He/She said _______________", but not quite as often. Sometimes Heidi gets talking so much that it turns into gibberish and she is well aware that she isn't using really words, but she thinks that its so funny that she'll just go on and on with it. Sometimes she starts telling us things (in English) that don't make very much sense and when I try to clarify, she says "I'm not talking to you, I'm talking to my brother" (she's usually referring to Trevor).
Heidi still loves to sing too and is learning more and more songs. She has gotten into a habit of wanting me to sing about 10 songs to her at bedtime. I usually oblige as long as no one else is in desperate need of my attention because its a special time for us to get to spend some one-on-one time together. She knows the names of a lot of the songs I sing to her and requests them by name, but once she's run out of song titles, she just says "I want another one" until I tell her that's enough for tonight. She is able to sing along with about half of the songs I sing her and just mumbles if she doesn't know the words yet.
Heidi is getting into more imaginative play and loves to tell us line by line what she is acting out. Yesterday she was enjoying diving into the water and swimming around our living room on her back :) We love our little chatter box! Here are a couple photos of her at this age:


No comments:

Post a Comment