Saturday, September 23, 2017

Farmer's Market


I've been wanting to go to our local Farmer's Market all summer, but since Saturday is really the only day Austin can get out and do things, we've always been busy. So, when we were trying to decide how to spend our free day today, I talked him into going to the Farmer's Market. The kids had a lot of fun playing in a splash pool which is a skating rink in the winter. (This weekend is hotter than it has been all summer long, so it was a perfect day for it). There were quite a few booths selling baked goods, art, and jewelry which was fun, but I really wanted to go for the produce. We live in an agriculturally rich area and now is the perfect time for harvest and we got lots of yummy things- I was most excited about the honey crisp apples :) I was also very excited for a stand selling wood-oven pizza! The crust was so thin and it was very authentic Italian! Austin got his half with bacon and goat cheese and I got mine margarita. Too bad for him, the kids liked his half better and he ended up only getting a slice and a half. The kids and I had lots of fun, but since Austin got stuck pushing the stroller most of the time while I explored, he just got hot. I plan to go again in a few weeks when the weather has cooled down some.












No comments:

Post a Comment