Thursday, October 12, 2017

10 months

 This sweet little guy is now 10 months old. He is crawling all over the place and is into everything! A few weeks ago, Heidi was frantically calling for me and when I went to see what she wanted, I found her standing by Trevor as he threw things from the bathroom garbage can into the toilet. Luckily, he wasn't playing in the water himself, though. He has tried to go up the stairs several times, so I told the boys to be sure to watch him if he gets close to them. One day Leif told me that we don't need to worry about Trevor on the stairs because he is really good at going up them- that's exactly the problem, Buddy :)
Trevor has continued his pattern of going to bed late (I've finally given up on trying to put him to bed early even though I can tell he is super tired and just let him stay up until around 8:30) and waking up late, which is pretty nice. He also usually consolidates all his daytime sleeping into one long nap which, if I'm careful, I can get him to take at the same time Heidi takes her after-lunch nap. He is such a cheerful little guy most of the time, especially if mom is holding him.
Trevor loves to eat! He has come to expect that if he is sitting in his high chair, he'd better be eating something. He loves to snack on cheerios when I don't really have anything else for him, but he's more interested in what everyone else is having. He's also started a nasty little habit of biting me several times a day. He usually just leans over and bites my shoulder, arm, or neck. I know I've encouraged it either by yelping in alarm when he does it or laughing at him, but I'm trying to keep a serious face and firmly tell him no, so hopefully that dies out soon. It really does hurt, so it's got to stop.
We are trying to teach Trevor some sign language (although Asher is really the only kid I had much success with-its hard to remember with all the other things going on), but he does have one real word down- Dad! He says it all the time in the evenings when Austin is home. He gets very excited and claps his hands- its so cute.
Trevor loves to clap and give high-fives. He is adored and well taken care of by all his siblings!





 And here's a bonus photo of Heidi, just because she had to have her picture take too :)



No comments:

Post a Comment