Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Halloween

For a fun week-before-Halloween dinner I made stuffed bell peppers and carved little faces into each one. I only made three peppers because I knew the kids would only eat the filling, but Leif really wanted a pepper on his plate. I ended up eating it, but he enjoyed eating the filling out of it.
 The trunk-or-treat at church happened last weekend. It was quite small compared to ones we have gone to in the past, but our ward here is quite a bit smaller than in other areas we have lived.

 The kids loved carving pumpkins this year. I had to do much of the pumpkin gutting, but Asher and Leif carved their faces all by themselves this year.




 I carved Heidi's pumpkin for her after she showed me the face she wanted on it by making it herself. After I was done, she took the little knife and stabbed little holes all over the pumpkin just to feel like she was doing it herself.

 Here the kids are with their pumpkins.


 I didn't get any great photos with all the kids in their costumes. As you can see Heidi was Little Red Riding Hood (the only costume I made this year), Trevor was the "big, bad wolf", Asher was Iron Man, and Leif was a tiger (a costume I made a couple years ago for Asher)
 And here's a single of Heidi since she was blurred in the last one
Here are the kids with their stash of goodies. Trevor loved all the crinkley packages and the kids loved eating whatever they wanted for awhile. You might think from looking at the candy that Snickers don't exist here in Canada- they do, I just stole them all ;) The kids got tons of chips and pretzel bags, I guess that's a big thing here.

No comments:

Post a Comment