Saturday, February 24, 2018

Cinderella Ballet

We've been looking forward to this afternoon for months! My friend and I started planning to take our kids to see a play awhile back. It snowballed and turned into a bunch of friends going to see a full-scale ballet. Unfortunately the friend this originally started with had to go to a different showing because of scheduling, but we had lots of fun seeing Cinderella with our other friends. This was the boys' first ballet. I've been talking it up, but wondered if they would really love seeing a ballet (everyone else who went was female of course) but they really did enjoy it and we are already planning to see the Nutcracker at the same theater in December. I didn't include Heidi in this even because I thought she was too young to pay attention, but I think she will do just fine by the end of the year and given how engaging it was for everyone. (Heidi and Trevor stayed home with dad. It was their naptime anyway, so it wasn't too much work for him and it wasn't too traumatic for my little cling-on, Trevor). I had the boys wear their suits and ties and I wore a dress that I've never worn before because I don't want a baby stretching it out or getting goops on it. We may have overdressed slightly, but it was a lot of fun- for me anyway, Asher hates ties and took it off immediately after the picture above, which Austin took just before we left. Here are the boys with one of their friends waiting for the show to start. All the adults sat together and chatted and we let all the kids sit next to each other, which they loved.


Here are the boys and I before the show.

This is during the first half of the show. Asher sat like that almost the whole time. He relaxed a bit after intermission, but he was still completely engaged. Leif was relaxed for the whole show, but was still watching intently.


Here are the boys at intermission. I promised them that if the concessions were somewhat reasonable, I would by them a snack, so we stood in a big line and the boys got to order and pay for their own snacks- all part of the experience.




Asher chose pringles and Leif chose skittles. Here they are enjoying their treats while waiting for the show to resume. My friend and her three daughters are behind them.



Sharing their snacks. I also brought some goldfish and cookies (just in case the snacks were way to pricey), so I passed the goldfish out to the kids, and all the moms ate the cookies :)



After the show, Asher got to meet Cinderella. He was a little shy to shake her hand and talk to her, but he did it was happy to have a picture with her. Leif was too shy to do any of it and just hid behind me.



I'm so glad I got to share such a fun afternoon with my boys and friends. I'm even more excited for the Nutcracker and seeing how Heidi will react to ballerinas.

No comments:

Post a Comment