Friday, May 11, 2018

17 months


My littlest one is now 17 months old! He's still my baby, but he's getting big so fast. He is all over the place no matter where we are. He loves to run around and get into mischief wherever he can find it. I used to think he made a terrible mess by dumping things out or throwing everything around before he ran off to look for something else to play with, but its gotten even worse in the last few weeks. He is really like a tornado! I don't remember the other kids being quite so bad, but that may be due to the fact that I had more time and energy to keep them on track or make sure they weren't destroying everything. Sometimes, I feel like its worth it to just let him go crazy while I try to finish dinner or get some dishes done.
Trevor still loves to pretend to cook and is constantly getting into my pots and pans and pushing things around in them with a spatula. I've also discovered that he thinks he's supposed to be in the laundry basket when I take it upstairs. Since he was born, I've always just laid him on top of the clean clothes in the basket to take it upstairs and fold laundry- its the only way I could carry him and the basket with me. In the last few months, he has shown a keen interest in helping me throw the dirty clothes into the washer, but he has also started making a beeline for the basket as soon as I set it down by the dryer. He tries to help me get the clothes out of the dryer, then tries to climb in. At some point in the last few months I stopped putting him in the basket because I figured he could follow me up the stairs if he wanted to, or he could go play with his siblings, but that doesn't appear to be enough for him- he thinks the basket is where he belongs, and he makes sure to get there as fast as he can.
Trevor has also become very interested in books in the past few weeks. I find him all over the house- in all kinds of positions- flipping through books. We try to keep him to the board books, but he'll take anything he can get his hands on. I guess he sees me reading to the other kids all the time (I usually only read a quick book to him at naptime and bedtime-maybe I should start reading to him more).
When I suddenly remembered that I needed to take photos of Trevor, I sat him down in the family room and the first thing he did was grab some library books. So, I though that would be a perfect way to remember him at this stage:
(Don't mind his dirty face, his nose has been runny this week and I just can't keep up with wiping it ;)











No comments:

Post a Comment