Saturday, November 25, 2023

Christmas Star Project

I had an idea of making a star from large sticks to wrap Christmas lights around as a Christmas decoration, but I only found one stick for it. So instead I asked Austin to do a woodworking project with the kids and they did a great job! It turned out much better than I imagined. It took them several days since they had to wait over a few nights for glue or the waterproof coating to dry, but it is now hanging on my house and I love it!

The first day was spent in a lot of trying to figure out the right measurements and angles. They had a Youtube video that showed how to make a small star, but had to figure out how to enlarge it. I helped with the math and they finally got all their measurements right.




They used dominoes and glue to hold all the pieces together.





They put a waterproof stain on it to protect it from all the snow it will be subject to.


Then they wrapped it in a few strings of lights.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment