Sunday, October 9, 2011

Autumn Train Ride

Yesterday we went up to a little town called Ione, Washing to see the leaves changing color. The two hour drive through the Pend Oreille Valley to get there was half the fun since there was such beautiful scenery. It was pretty chilly on the train and we were worried about Asher being too cold, but I don't think he really noticed it. He was snuggled up next to me in his sling, had a warm sweater on, and slept most of the time. He woke up and got a little fussy toward the end, but I think he was more hungry than cold. The train ride reminded me a lot of the Heber Creeper, which is a train that my grandma took all the granddaughters on every summer.

Some of the scenery along the drive:
Waiting in line to get on the train
There were seats, but everyone stood almost the whole time to see out





We went through a really long tunnel. This is the part when I wished that Asher was older so he could have enjoyed it more. We are planning to make this a yearly event so that he (and any siblings) will have fun memories of it.

There wasn't so much wind when I sat down, so every now and then I sat down to warm Asher up a bit.
Scenery from the train:



When we got to the turn around point, the took the engine off the front and hooked it onto the caboose so we could drive back.
While we were waiting, robbers came on the train and took money from everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment