Tuesday, May 27, 2014

A Year and a Half

Leif is quite the little personality. I have always said that he is "sensitive" because he can get set off on crying and whining so easily, but he can also giggle and enjoy the most simple things.
Leif LOVES to read! He would sit on my lap for hours if I would just keep reading to him. Lately we have had a little stack of books that we keep near us to read for nap or bedtime. As soon as we get near the end of one book, he grabs the next book to hand to me. He is always a little distressed when there are no more books to grab and leans over the edge of the chair to see if he can get one of the ones I put on the ground after we read it. He likes to snuggle with his blankie and his stuffed goat (which Austin has succeeded in making him absolutely love.)
Leif has always been a bit of a mama's boy. He has always chosen me above anyone else and been really upset if I was gone for too long. Lately, he has been really attached to Austin. If Austin is gone at work, or especially when he was gone for 3 days at his uncle's funeral, Leif says "dad, daddy, dad" over and over. When Austin is home, he loves to run up to him and say "dad" just to get his attention.
Leif has a new favorite thing to do. He loves to put his head on the ground with his feet still planted on the ground (so he makes a little upside down V) and look between his legs and giggle. Once I even caught him doing this when he was really upset and crying because I wouldn't pick him up while I was making dinner. He was walking around the room howling about how upset he was then he suddenly got quiet and I looked back to find him in his upside down position quietly laughing to himself. He most especially loves to assume this position in the middle of diaper changes. While I am down in the drawer trying to get out a new cloth diaper for him, he gets up and sticks his little naked bum up in the air, and of course I can't resist pinching those cute little naked cheeks.
Leif continues to be an amazing sleeper! I swear that kids needs like 16 hours of sleep some days. He sleeps at least 12, sometimes 13 hours each night and at naps he sleeps at least 2 hours, but sometimes 3 hours. Occasionally Leif doesn't take a very good nap, but that is rare and it has been so long since I've been up with him at night, that I don't even remember it. (Asher is much more likely to have me up in the middle of the night due to his diaper leaking; his diaper not leaking, but him insisting that it did; or a nightmare)
Leif is getting pretty good at naming body parts. He likes to tell me over and over again where his nose, foot, hand, hair, and head are. The one that we are having the most trouble with is "eye". He will continually point to his ear (or mine) and say eye, even though we correct him every time. If you ask where is ear is, he will sometimes point to his ear, but he will never say it. He also point to his bellybutton if you ask where it is, but he can't say that one yet.
Here are some photos of Leif I got this afternoon. He and Asher LOVE playing outside, so I spend a lot of time sitting on the porch reading a book or talking to them. 



2 comments:

  1. My friend told me in her Vietnamese culture that means they are looking for a new sibling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, when is Emersyn getting a new sibling?

    ReplyDelete