Thursday, May 29, 2014

Swimming and a Funny Story

We have a real swimming pool, but it is such a pain for me to manage both boys by myself in any real amount of water, so I bought a little kiddie pool to keep on our porch for the boys to splash in and stay cool this summer. Of course they both love the water and especially love splashing as much water out of the pool as possible. We've only had it for a day, but I anticipate that this will be a good source of entertainment and cooling all summer.

Now for my funny story which is completely unrelated to the pool. This afternoon toward the end of naptime I heard Asher screaming in his room. This wasn't normal "I just want to get out of here" or "I had a bad dream" crying, but it was more like panicked screaming. I went down to get him out of his room and saw his down comforter with the cover on the floor with him inside of the cover and obviously trying to get out. I talked to him to try to calm him down while I was searching for the opening. I finally found it, but every last book he has in his room was also inside the cover. So I had to remove all those to get to him, only to find that his stuffed animals were also inside. I finally got to Asher to find that he was completely naked. His diaper was lying on his bed (a fact I missed when I ran into the room) and his clothes were lost in the abyss of the cover and down comforter along with a few monster trucks he had drug in with him. I have no idea what he was doing in there, why all of his possessions needed to be with him, or how long he had been in there. For all I know, he didn't nap at all and just spent the whole time bonding with his toys and books in the cozy confines of his down comforter and its cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment