Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Our Big 2 1/2 Year-Old

Leif is now 2 1/2 and seems bigger than ever to me! I know its just because we now have a new born to compare him to, but he seems monsterous! Much more the size of his big brother than his little sister. His hands and feet seem huge to me, his head seems really big, even his cute little bum seems like it's gigantic when I have to change his diaper :) Leif has really taken to having a little sister and neither he or Asher has shown any jealousy. Leif oscillates between telling us how big he is and insisting that he is a baby, although now, more than ever, he likes to be considered a big boy. He has started imitating almost everything that Asher does. They love to tromp around the house or backyard together with Leif saying all the same things that Asher does and doing most the things he does. Of course, occasionally, Leif isn't interested in what Asher is up to and then he is happy to go off and play by himself for a bit. I feel like he has started using imaginary play to a greater extent sooner than Asher did, probably because he has a role-model to show him how to do it. He's also very verbal, too, so I'm sure that helps with his imaginary play. Leif loves having his picture taken and was more than happy to sit and give me cheesy smiles. I did get a few without the smile though. Asher also wanted to have his picture taken, so I've included one of him as well :)








No comments:

Post a Comment