Saturday, July 26, 2014

Three Years

When did I get a three-year-old? Time has gone by way too fast, but we love this guy so much. He is FULL of energy and personality and definitely adds a lot of excitement to our family.
We were in Utah for Asher's 3rd birthday and had a party at my mom's house. For the last few months Asher has been asking for a blue monster truck birthday, so I did my best to comply. Mostly anything with wheels makes him happy though. And he loves anything that is blue. My mom and Abbey got a yellow truck pinata, but took the time to cover it with blue paper. Asher isn't really into hitting the pinata, but the older kids that came to his party (my friends' kids and his cousins) enjoyed hitting it.




He was sure excited to grab some treats out of the pinata after it was broken. He still hasn't quite gotten the idea of getting as much as he can. He grabbed one thing at a time and brought it to me to hold. It was nice to have the kids sharing the treats rather than fighting over them though. 

My mom made Asher two cakes! These are the ones that take forever to put each little dot of frosting on. She made some of these when I was little, so I thought it would be fun for the boys to have them. One cake had a blue monster truck and the other had a green tractor. For some reason when it came time to blow out the candles, Asher just pretended to blow and wouldn't actually blow them out. 
We had a temporary tattoo station at the party because Asher loves those so much, but none of the kids (including Asher) really seemed into them at the time, so we didn't really do them. We also had waterguns which some of the kids played with a little, but mostly Asher just played with Uncle Travis after the party. Once Travis convinced him to put shoes on, they shot each other with water for about 20 minutes.
 

 
After Asher's party we had a family reunion where he got to do another pinata (again, he just wanted to grab a few treats at the end) and got to pick more prizes and meet lots of new people he has never seen before. All in all, it was a very busy day and we were glad to get two exhausted little boys to bed.

The next day we went to my Dad's house in the evening to have the blue birthday cake Asher has been requesting from Grandpa for months. I'm pretty sure my Dad looked forward to going to the bakery and ordering a blue cake for his grandson just as much as Asher looked forward to having it. I didn't get any pictures of the actual cake (dang it!) but I did get some pictures of the fun before the cake. My cousin brought her daughter Lainey (who is just a couple days shy of a year older than Asher) and the two of them had a blast running around with each other and acting crazy. They spent the majority of the time chasing my Dad's dog around the yard and squirting her with the water guns. Then Lainey got to share Asher's birthday cake with him since her birthday was the next day.

 Leif wasn't quite as wild as Asher and Lainey, but he still had fun shooting Uncle Travis with the water gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment